[CAUT] Life Saver Systems on Vertical Classroom Pianos

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Thu Oct 28 08:32:58 MDT 2010

For years, classrooms had electrical cords running across the floor to
overhead projectors at the front of the class.  Since it's mostly the
professor who walks up front, I'd say the risk of a cord in one of
those rubber protectors is minimal, and the benefits to the piano are
great.

I have pictures that I'll post of using the iron-on tape for
backcovers (thanks to Mark Cramer for his idea).  It's fast, and very
neat, and for verticals you don't need access to the back, so there's
no Velcro at all.  I iron the tape to the backframe first, peel off
its backing (leaving just a strip of glue behind), then tack up the
cover *without trimming it*.  Leave an excess on the sides and
bottom.  Iron it in position at the top, then one side, using the
excess so you can position it without burning your hand.  Then go back
and trim with a sharp knife, and you have a great result.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
Albuquerque, NM

www.shusterpiano.com