[CAUT] Life Saver Systems on Vertical Classroom Pianos

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Thu Oct 28 08:06:14 MDT 2010

Not sexy enough.

I just don't think there is any elegant solution, Paul.  I think the cord
cover is the way to go.  In addition to that, I'd suggest keeping the entire
length of cord that is attached to the D-C system bundled up at the piano
and secured well to the piano right next to the plug head.  Then run
appropriate gauge extension cord from the piano to the wall, covered with
the plastic cord cover.  Then at least if it has to be unplugged to move, or
someone yanks on it, there's a better chance of only damaging the extension
cord, rather than the system cord.  Also, I think if you install the back
cover very neatly, and permanently, so it looks like it belongs there, you
shouldn't have a problem.

William R. Monroe