[CAUT] Steinway verdigris

DCyr141833 at aol.com DCyr141833 at aol.com
Sun Jan 9 09:11:32 MST 2011

Very interesting thread.  I appreciate all the collective  wisdom!!
I come across a lot of Steinways with verdigris - and find that those that
get played regularly don't seem to be as affected by it as those that sit
unplayed for long periods of time.  Do any of you find it in your college
or university pianos?

And though it is frustrating trying to work with the verdigris'd action,
when you have a customer that has the available budget, verdigris can be
spelled  M-O-N-E-Y.

Debbie Cyr
Registered Piano Technician
508-202-2862 cell

In a message dated 1/9/2011 5:24:39 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
hgreeley at sonic.net writes:

Hi,  Roger,

At 08:11 PM 1/8/2011, you wrote:

>>It would be very  interesting to do some soil analysis of the land
>>in and around the  plant in Astoria, especially around the old
>>foundry.  When I  was first there (in the late 60's), even in the
>>Summer time, the  ground around the foundry was crunchy from the
>>build up of all the  nitrates/ites that had been dumped there.
>

>Don't dig too  deep X_{  You may turn as green as verdigris.  I would
>bet  that site will be loaded with heavy metals.

Precisely...though, I  wouldn't be as concerned about verdigris as I
would  cyanide....

Cheers!

Horace