[CAUT] HVAC codes - piano stability

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 09:42:07 MST 2011

Absolutly Fred. I agree. Just as all the buildings in So Cal in the early
1900s had cheap water tanks placed in the hot sun to heat the water. Paint
them black. No need for anything fancy. Can't do that now. The problem is
cutting the red tape tied to it all. There should be an "on the spot" design
and install division that has the power to bend the codes and deal with it
later. That way heating people can deal with buildings that are mini climate
problems without months of delays. A consluting engineer, an innovative
foreman with a crew that doesn't really care about rules ( they probably
drink and smoke pot) and you can get a lot done. Sort of a homeland security
blanket.

Keith Roberts