[CAUT] Humidity (HVAC codes)

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 10:44:31 MST 2011

Sure, Fred, I agree, BUT!!!!  Just like with a swamp cooler. If you don't
open windows to allow air flow, the blower back-pressures and this overheats
the motor. If the belt is tight and doesn't act as the safety, the motor
catches on fire, usually asphixiating the occupants before the fire destroys
everything.
Cutting off the return air is probably the fastest way to create a
heating/air system that needs the repairman to be there for big $$$$ and
will shorten the life of the system costing replacement bucks. How much
depends on how aggressive you are at killing the air flow and changing the
static pressure in the heat/air units. Provide relief elsewhere if you do
this.
Keith Roberts