[CAUT] Older DC dehumidifiers/humidistats

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Tue Jan 25 21:12:53 MST 2011

I agree with Bob. Many of those old silver bars have bad power cords. Plus, they're only 25 watts, and they're either always on (not good, and not enough!), or never on (unplugged).

I pull 'em when I find 'em, in part to protect Dampp-Chaser's reputation (more than 60 years now). So many DC horror stories relate to equipment not made for 30 years or more.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
Albuquerque, NM

www.shusterpiano.com