[CAUT] partial rescaling of C7

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Mon Aug 27 08:30:13 MDT 2012

Hi Robert
 Is this is a school piano?
 The length and wire size need to be measured and run thru a scaling program to see what the tension is. The Model B stwy has the same issues of low tension with the tension dropping off from approx 155 lbs per string to around 110 lbs at the break. I have corrected the tonal issues in several ways. Either by adding a few wrapped bicords on the existing bridge, which I would suggest here.. or adding a transition bridge with wrapped strings. Either way was an improvement. Its doubtful going up a size will improve enough  and could likely create other tonal problems. Just my two cents worth
  Dale

Dale Erwin R.P.T.
Erwin's Piano Restoration Inc.
 Mason & Hamlin/Steinway/U.S. pianos