digital piano labs

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Wed, 28 Sep 1994 17:41:40 -0500

>I am interested in getting feedback from those of you out there who have
>had experience with these labs.  We are looking into the following brands:
>Yamaha Clavinova, Kurzweil, Roland, Baldwin, and Korg.

Our school recently installed Roland keyboards in our piano lab. They seem
to be relatively trouble-free.  As far as service goes, buy from a good
dealer. Most problems you'll have will be solved (or not) by your local
dealer. I understand that the Yamaha Clavinova is also a fine keyboard, as
are 99.9% of their products.

>As an aside, I was in a dealership this morning. On one of the pianos was
>this quote. "The sourness of poor quality far outlasts the sweetness of
>low price"

I saw the following sign in a piano dealership here in Austin:

         "Children left unattended will be towed away at their owner's expense!"

Regards,

Tom Seay
The University of Texas at Austin

Piano Tech Staff