New kid

Larry T. Brannin 74651.1154@compuserve.com
Fri, 14 Apr 1995 08:46:20 -0400 (EDT)

As this is my first attempt to log into pianotech, let me first say hey!  I have
already received valuable info so thanks to all on line.   Starting questions
are: should I be charged $.10 for each message?  All of the messages come
postage due.  Is this normal as I am on Compuserve?
Secondly,  I ran into a Kawai Vertical today that had a bridge pin broken off
around note 84 or so. Someone apparently broke it while pulling up on a broken
string at that spot.
 I noticed it was flush with the top of the bridge and therefore nothing was
available to  grab hold of.  I seem to recall some sort of drill bit available,
some what like a hole saw that just fits over ths size of the pin.. After
drilling, fill and repin.  Is this anywhere correct and where might I find this
bit, and what is it called? Also, what would I use to fill the hole, perhaps CA
hot stuff (green) or dowell material (from pinblock material?) How would I
obtain a dowell strong enough, if not from pin block stock, and how would I
reduce size of material to fit the hole?? Any help appreciated.  Thankx