Samick Grand Bass String Breakage

Larry T. Brannin 74651.1154@compuserve.com
Wed, 19 Apr 1995 22:14:46 -0400 (EDT)

Has any one besides me had trouble with SG172's breaking bass strings?  I had
one church that seemed to constantly break them and I dismissed it thinking they
were  "just playing too hard."  Now, I have another and it is doing it too.  I
have perhaps replaced as many as 15 strings on each of them. Richard Elrod has
been very kind to send free replacements but after a while I'm almost afraid to
ask again.  I feel there may be more to the story and if anyone has had similar
experiences or perhaps a solution I'd appreciate any help.  I have considered
lowering the let-off but this, so far, hasn't seemed to slow the process any.
Perhaps they may have some problem with the agraffes?  Thanks to any who reply.