Monochord PSO

Fri, 28 Apr 1995 09:01:41 -0500 (CDT)

> The trick of the repair is to use the right length of
> carriage bolt so you dont have to trim excess bolt that
> could interfere with tuning.  It may be a good idea to

I had a pso w/same problem and did the same thing, but the
tuning pins were impossibly close to the screws.

the trick I found was to remove the carriage bolts after the
glue was set, counterbore the hole in the back large enough for
old upright plate washer, cut the bolt to exact length to be
flush or below the back.

With the nut in the back, I found I could even replace 1 screw
which was below the strings.

> lower the tension on the strings

yes. I'm a wuss and don't want to sweat. Too much tension and
you may not actually close the gap.

> remembler what size bolt

5/16 or 3/8 and as long as needed then cut excess.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer                Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it will
Luther College                   make you sweat a lot.-Haitian proverb

Let me have my own way exactly in everything, and a sunnier and
pleasanter creature does not exist. - Thomas Carlyle