Yamaha digital tuning scope

Kam544@aol.com Kam544@aol.com
Sun, 03 Dec 1995 23:28:51 -0500

Allen Leigh posted:
>>...The SAT is a better tuner than the PT100 but it costs considerable more.
 It has (I think 0.1 cent accuracy)...<<

For your information here are some specifications from the Sanderson
Accu-Tunerx Instruction Manual.

Cents range:
 -198 cents, to +160 cents with plus or minus 0.04 cents accuracy throughout
the scale.

Calibration Accuracy:
Built-in 440.00 Hz crystal frequency standard for self-calibration, accurate
to plus or minus 0.01 cents

And your comment:
>>...My background is as an electronic engineer and computer programmer, so
to me using electronic test instruments is "normal".  For me, I get the best
of both worlds, a accurate tuner and my ears.  When they both agree, then I'm
happy with that note...<<

That's a worthy approach.  Thank you for sharing.

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Oklahoma Baptist University
Shawnee, Oklahoma