Questions from SCI AM essay -Reply

Jack Reeves reevesj@BYUGATE.byu.edu
Tue, 19 Dec 1995 08:31:59 -0700

>>> Peter A. Donovan <pdonovan@ednet1.osl.or.gov> 12/18/95
>>(It is certainly noticeable that almost all contributors to this list
>work for colleges and universities.)
> Peter Donovan
May I explain to Peter and to many other new subscribers to this
list that the list exists specifically for college and university
technicians.  The list has been created and maintained by me,
and funded by BYU as a means for C & U techs to communicate
with each other, and all other subscribers are guests.  The list
participation is slanted strongly toward institutional piano
maintenance because of that.  I anticipate that at some future
time, someone else will start a list with a different slant.  I don't
have any idea who, what, when, or why.  The PTG  electronic
communications committee is looking at those same questions
and working on answers, but because Council only meets
yearly....  In the meantime, if you are a college and university
technician, welcome to pianotech.  If you are not a college and
university technician, welcome as a guest of the college and
university technicians.

I sincerely hope everyone on pianotech has a joyful Christmas.
My wife and I have a large family, and we do a Christmas
sing-a-long every evening until Christmas, so if you are driving
through Orem, Utah over the holidays, drop in and sing along.

Jack
jack_reeves@byu.edu