Radial drill presses...

CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU CRANE@TWSUVM.UC.TWSU.EDU
Tue, 19 Dec 1995 14:07:21 -0600 (CST)

Lorlin Barber, RPT has recently posted a querry into outfitting a
rebuilding facility and, among other things, the selection of a radial
drill press.

I have two Delta radial drill presses; an older one at home and a newer
one here at WSU.  Both work well and I have few complaints...*but*...I
wish American Machine & Tool company had come out with theirs sooner.
It looks heftier than the Delta and has many features and accessories
which the Delta could use (like a crank operated rack-and-pinion table
height adjustment mechanism...my main pet peve with my Deltas).

If you're considering the purchase of a radial drill press, I recommend
at least a look at the AMT machines.  They are an excellent company to
deal with and their warrenty/customer service are outstanding.

AMT's catalog is free (1-610-948-0400), has lots of other stuff I'm sure
I can't do without much longer, and is more than worth the price of the
call.
If you're not in that much of a hurry, their snail mail address is:

American Machine & Tool Company
Fourth Avenue and Spring Street
Royersford, PA  19468-2519

Regards,