Key dip question

S. Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Fri, 22 Dec 1995 19:12:55 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 22 Dec 1995 Tcoates@aol.com wrote:

> I just had a pianist ask this question:
>
> Is there any way to adjust the key depth on a piano so the key response
> happens more at the surface?
      Tim, do you think the pianist could be looking for more
aftertouch? When there's not enough, pianists sometimes feel that the
"action" is happening too late in the keystroke.

Steve Brady, RPT        "The most expert and rapid tuners are...
University of Washington       possessed of a highly excitable,
sbrady@u.washington.edu        nervous, and emotional temperament,
                         verging on the border of insanity at times."
                              -Daniel Spillane, The Tuner's Guide