Announcing the Pianotech Digest Searcher

stanwood stanwood@tiac.net
Wed, 27 Dec 1995 20:04:56 -0500

>Those of you with web browsing capabilities are invited to try
>out the brand new Pianotech Digest Full Text Search Utility
>which can be found at:
>
>http://www.webcom.com/wind/ptsearch.html
>
>I have tried to design it to be self-explanatory and easy to
>use so I'd appreciate hearing of any problems or confusions that
>may arise. It is very much a "work in progress" and is still in
>it's infancy so do be gentle....
>
>-------------------------------
>David Parkhurst
>assoc. -- PTG SF,CA
>wind@crl.com

David,

I haven't seen any comments on this.  I just tried it myself and it's very
impressive.  Very powerful tool.  Could you tell us a little more about how
you set this up?  Maybe give us some example of how to the use search top
come up with more specific documents.

For instance, you say:

"Enter search word(s) (or = , and = ; * = # )"

What does all this mean?

What a great thing! Thanks!

David Stanwood