Copper Glue Pots?

Frederick G Scoles scoles@Oswego.Oswego.EDU
Wed, 15 Feb 1995 10:33:38 -0500 (EST)

The method Barbara describes is also used by many player rebuilders.  A
thermostatted hotplate heats a large jar (peanut butter, etc.)
half-filled with hot water, while the glue, contained in a small jar
(baby food or jelly) is suspended in the jar.  It is very inexpensive,
and sometimes the hotplates which need only minor repairs (frayed cords
or cannibalized parts) are available for the asking from local chemistry or
physics departments.  The journal has published some other effective,
cheap methods, too.   I think that experience and a willingness to
experiment are the keys to proper use of hot hide glue.   F. Scoles