Rubber bumper material for pianos on trucks.

PHIL SLOFFER, MA067 855-1244 PSLOFFER@ucs.indiana.edu
Sat, 25 Feb 1995 06:33:44 +0000 (EWT)

Hi All

We put rubber bumpers on the doors going out of recital hall as well as the
walls in the hallway where they park the piano.  The stuff we used is used
on piers to keep boats form be damaged.  It is thick, about 3" I'd say, and
when the piano hits it it gives yet the lid does no come in contact with
the wall.  We also took the emergency crash bars off the doors.  But in order
to do that we had to remove the locks as well.  However this hall is never
locked anyway.  While we still get damage from cases and music stands, the
damage from moving the piano thru the doors out into the hallway has pretty
much been eliminated.  Otherwise keep your black marker handy.

Phil Sloffer
Indiana University