real mfg?

Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com
Wed, 05 Jul 1995 13:52:39 -0400 (EDT)

     Allen:

     As Larry said, the Piano Book, or the reprinted info on the WWW piano
     page has a pretty good summary of who makes or owns what brand name.

     I wouldn't say that _most_ pianos are made in Korea, but many old
     names have been bought out, and this confuses things a lot.  The
     Korean companies have been the most willing to make stencil brands for
     other companies in the past in order to increase total sales and
     market share.

     Our company (Young Chang) is cutting back it's stencil operations
     quite a bit because our factory is having trouble keeping up the
     quantity necessary to supply everyone. Also, manufacturing different
     specificiations, styles, scales, and brand names all in the same
     factory makes general production more complicated and expensive.

     Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com