over damper aka squirel cage

Henry Brugsch henry@g0gku.demon.co.uk
Tue, 11 Jul 1995 17:43 +0000 (GMT)

I am curious. been living over here since 1986. Most of the work I do is
on over damper pianos.
Are there any still functioning back in the States?
I only saw one when I was in Boston, and know of a few on some
practices.
Like most of us over here, the feeling is, about time that these pianos
were played "The Last Post." But the way things are, won't be any time
soon.
For me, tuning these pianos is no great deal. Would have been when I
first started tuning. But, after a number of years here they are totally
routine.
regards

-----
   Henry Brugsch
   aka hbj elsewhere, CIS: 75366.317@compuserve.com, hbj@bix.com
   "Striking the electric chain wherewith we are darkly bound"
      (Lord Byron - a Worde for Windowes User)