bad addresses

Jack Reeves reevesj@BYUGATE.byu.edu
Mon, 17 Jul 1995 09:13:07 -0700

Hello everyone,

As the pianotech list gets larger, so do the problems of being list
owner.  This AM when I came to work there were over 100 bad
address messages in my mailbox from listserv.  They were
caused by two compuserve boxes being full, so all of the
weekend messages were undeliverable to those two addresses.
If you are going on vacation, please do something to keep your
email box clear, or write to listserv@byu.edu and use the request
<set pianotech mail postpone> and no messages will be sent to
you until you change that mode.  To get more info on the set
command, use the request <help set> and listserv will send a
page of instructions on the set options.

I deleted both of the bad compuserve addresses.  Bad address
problems are more frequent with COMPUSERVE and AOL than
with EDU.  If you find that pianotech has gone quiet for a few
days, check to see if you have been deleted.  Write
listserv@byu.edu with the subscribe command.  If you are not
deleted, listserv will tell you that you are still subscribed.

If this message has confused more that it has instructed, write
me and I'll try to answer questions.  I'm looking  forward to
meeting a lot of you in Albuquerque.  It is always fun to put a face
with a name.  Vince has already left since he is attending Council
this year and I will arrive Wednesday afternoon.

Jack Reeves
jack_reeves@byu.edu