Hammers

Wippen@aol.com Wippen@aol.com
Thu, 20 Jul 1995 19:27:53 -0400

>Could any one give me advice on what hammers to get for a Steinway O grand
I did one before and did not like what Steinway sent me . I heard that
Renner's
royal blues are good . I would like the hammers to be light.>

Robert Dettling
Baldwin Service Manager
Victoria B.C Canada

Bob,
 I have had good success with several types of hammers:
You mentioned Renner Blues, also you might want to try the Encore Performance
hammers available from Wally Brooks (Brooks Ltd.). I have used Imadigawa
hammers in applications where the client wanted a good initial "bite" to the
tone.

I too have been disapointed with Steinway hammers. I hear they have improved
their product but I have been reluctant to try them. Once bitten...
Good Luck.

Paul Dempsey
Marshall University
Huntington, WV