New listserv

Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com
Thu, 27 Jul 1995 15:40:09 -0400 (EDT)

     All,

     It makes sense that if BYU would prefer to limit traffic to only
     university technician's discussion, we should honor that wish.
     Setting up the alternative is the problem.

     Young Chang is hoping to make room for a listserv on our internet
     server, but I can't promise anything yet. We will have our web page up
     in a week or so, but we haven't explored the software for running mail
     systems yet.  We'll have the bandwidth through our router and T-1
     line, but the software and disc space will be the deciding factor.

     Perhaps the fears of excess commercialization and limits to free
     speech will make everyone prefer to use a university location for
     this, and that is fine. We'll just have to give it a try when the time
     comes and see if anyone participates.

     Let's choose a name that will keep the general public from getting on
     the list too much.  How about something like "tune_it_or_die." Or
     maybe "NOCLUE" (a popular phrase with some in Albuquerque this year)
     or something similar.

     Don_Mannino@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com