Waterbased Finishes

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Wed, 03 May 1995 13:44:04 -0500

        I have been using Carver Tripp's water based sealer and varnish for
the past few pianos now and I am pleased with it. I don't bother spraying
it on though, as many seem to prefer. I brush it on with a high quality
tapered nylon brush. It dries fast enough that dust is no longer a problem,
and the entire finish is done in one day. The finish does look milky, even
in the can, but I have found that it dries clear and they claim that it
won't ever yellow.

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College