Spittle (was gluing, etc...)

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed, 24 May 1995 19:53:00 -0500

On Wed, 24 May 1995, Vince Mrykalo wrote:

> > Date:          Wed, 24 May 1995 07:45:19 -0600 (MDT)
> > From:          Conrad Hoffsommer <hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu>
> > Subject:       Spittle (was gluing, etc...)
> > To:            Multiple recipients of list <pianotech@byu.edu>
>
> > Greetings all!
> >
> > I must agree with Mr. Torrella re: spitting on piano parts.
>
> > Tying in an earlier thread of rodentia
> > and insects and all the interesting things they can transmit, I
> > think it only prudent to use tap water w/cotton swab to place
> > moisture where it may be indicated.
>
> Oh, please.

Yes?  Well, perhaps he *was* going a little overboard.  Nodoby said
anything about *licking* things.  It's just the inelegance of spitting....

I would assume, too, that the person who mentioned spitting on damper
felts meant to mention that he would let the felt dry before allowing it
to come in contact with the strings.....right?

Ron Torrella
Registered Piano Technician          Now Open: The Piano Page at Prairienet!
Piano Technicians Guild        http://www.prairienet.org/arts/ptg/homepage.html