No subject

Wed, May 24, 1995 9:07 PM CST

....It's
just common courtesy, at this point, to ask the author for permission to
reprint.  Depending on which side of the fence you sit, anything
transmitted to this list is considered published or copyrighted
material.  If you care to read up on it, check out the Berne Convention.
It's widely available on the Internet.

Ron Torrella
-----------------------------

If you have a web browser, try:
Copyright explained
http://www.clari.net/brad/copymyths.html
which should help you greatly clarify these matters in your Editor position.

=46or your records: I would not appreciate anyone publishing information tha=
I have contributed to Pianotech without first contacting me privately and
asking permission.

Thank you for inquiring concerning your publication, Piano Technician's
Quarterly.

Respectfully,

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net