Survey

CHRIS GREGG cgregg@cadvision.com
Wed, 04 Oct 1995 09:57:15 -0600

Steve,

        I had a pretty bad case of what I thought was carpel tunnel or
tendinitis this Spring.   So bad that I was glad when I did not have to
tune, imagine that.  I went to the usual channels of advice from friends and
the medical supply stores where I finished up with a variety of straps and
supports so that I would go out trussed up like a chicken and everyone would
ask, "what has happened?"

        I then went to a sports medicine clinic and got advice about the
size of handles and repetitive motions.  I started using a "wonder wand" and
it still hurt.

        Finally I went to my doctor and he examined me and said "who told
you to wear those things?"   I said the lady in the store.  He did some
simple tests and said that the symptoms did not point to my diagnosis. It
was more likely caused by the way that I held my elbow when I drive.
Apparantly truck drivers have the same problem a lot.   There is a nerve in
the elbow that can cause that.  I said "maybe resting my elbow on the piano
while tuning might aggravate it." Right. So I quit worrying about my future
and being put out to pasture and I have been fine since.

        My point is,  get professional advice.

Chris Gregg RPT