Aggressive players

Ken Hale khale@oro.net
Thu, 05 Oct 1995 00:26:05 +0000

> I have an aggressive player who is breaking bass strings on a studio size
> piano located in a church sanctuary.
>
> The church is planning on purchasing a grand piano to replace this studio
> size piano.  In their search the church has been told to purchase a 6' grand
> or larger as there would be less chance of string breakage occurring because
> of an aggressive player.
>
> Any truth to this tale?  Any and all comments will be appreciated regarding
> aggressive players and actions taken to resolve this type of situation.
>
> Keith A. McGavern, RPT
> Oklahoma Chapter 731

Hi Keith,

A few months ago there was a long thread about this very thing. The
bottom line is that everyone has seen breaky strings on all kinds of
pianos in some church settings, loud bars and such. It is usually the
player.

I certainly would not put my advise on the line and say that a
larger grand will be less or more prone to breaky strings, if played
by the same pianist.

Ken Hale

khale@oro.net
CIS 74633,2474