Testing, Testing, 1- 2- 3. This is a test

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 18:58:42 -0600

On Fri, 13 Oct 1995 16:34, FREDIEBOY@aol.com wrote

>My My...such energy about testing. Are we, the elite of the piano technicians
>so scared of smoke that we do battle over ????. I have all the work I can

The smoke is a symptom of what may become a raging fire... <g>

>And I do the fastest work. I am dependable. One thing I am not is Humble. I
>feel that humble technicians have something to be humble about.  PTG and CAPT

We know you aren't humble, Fred...  B-})  You probably don't tune any cheap
spinets or expensive 45" verticals (whose manufacturer shall remain
nameless) either. If there was ever anything to keep a technician humble,
that's it!

>both told about there testing. Now I will state how MPT tests.....We feel
>that each location knows what is best for itself in its own local. We do not

That is where we differ I suppose. Personally, I feel the PIANO is more
important than what is happening locally. Pianos don't exist just so we can
fix them, they exist because people enjoy them and they (the people and the
pianos) deserve certain standards of care and service provided by a
craftsperson who has been tested against an international standard, not just
a local one.

>want someone from Texas, or Florida, or even connecticut telling us how to
>run our location. The same goes both ways . We in Philadelphia would not
>consider telling any other location how to run their business..Each chapter
>sets its own standards.

No one is telling you how to run your business. What the PTG is attempting
is to do is define a minimum basic standard level that applies everywhere,
so that customers everywhere can have the same access to quality service. If
a customer moves from one location to another, they should be able to
consider the RTT designation as belonging to someone who at least won't hurt
their piano. If every location sets their own standards they may not know
what to expect.

As you said, fraternally yours...  <g>

                        John
John Musselwhite, RPT               Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com              sysop@67.cambo.cuug.ab.ca