Bridges: Chew on this

Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 22:27:25 -0400 (EDT)

     Thanks guys. This is interesting, but it's not the question as I
     understood it from the article excerpt.

     IOW, it wasn't whether bridge *pins* were angled. Instead it involved
     the angle the *string* took in crossing the bridge. If you are looking
     down on the top of the bridge, does the string dog-leg to the left or
     the right as it crosses over?

     The question then becomes: since all strings on all pianos have a
     stagger when crossing the bridge, what determines why one manufacturer
     staggers strings to the left and another staggers them to the right?

     In the absence of a drawing, this is the best verbal 'bridge' I can
     offer.

     -jh-