teflon

Mark Story mstory@ewu.edu
Mon, 30 Oct 1995 10:05:56 -0800

----------
From:       John Musselwhite[SMTP:musselj@cadvision.com]
Sent:       Friday, October 27, 1995 4:35 AM
To:   Multiple recipients of list
Subject:    Re: teflon

>In regard to reamers, I have used the old tuning pin as a reamer.=20
>Before you hyperventilate on this one, hear me out.  A technician at=20
>Yamaha suggested taking the old pin, and filing four flat sides (don't
>square off the pin, leave rounded corners).  Chuck the pin in a drill=20
>and quickly ream each hole.  This method takes off just enough=20

The only thing which would concern me about that is cooking the wood =
around
the hole. I'm not even fond of removing a pin with a drill because of =
that.
I may try it at some point, though... thanks for the tip!

Yes, try it John.  You may discover what I did - that pins heat up less =
if extracted at 500 RPM than if you take them out by hand.  It sounds =
odd, but I guess it's because you get them out in one or two seconds =
rather than twenty or thirty - less time to heat up and glaze the pin =
hole.

Mark Story, RPT

mstory@ewu.edu
Eastern Washington University Music Department
Cheney, Washington, USA=09