Modern Kranich & Bach pianos

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Thu, 01 Aug 1996 00:40:33 -0400

<< They were all three assembled
 for them by Wurlitzer, and, I was told, Pearson Music had "obtained the
 rights" to use the name Kranich & Bach on these pianos.  The two
 consoles, especially the better one, weren't bad, although we are not
 talking about one of the world's great pianos here; but, they weren't
 bad.  Now that Wurlitzer is, officially, no longer, Pearson no longer
 sells these pianos.  Perhaps they are being assembled by somebody else,
 and the name Kranich & Bach has been "obtained" by somebody else, perhaps
 Baldwin when they bought Wurlitzer. >>

Ted, Steve, list, et al,

There were several K&Bs built by the late Aeolian corp.  Later Wurlitzer used
it as a stencil name along with several others that were acquired from the
breakup of Aeolian.  Still later, Baldwin used the name on Samick built
pianos which were basically the same as the D.H. Baldwins before them and the
current production Wurlitzer graands (yes, the name is still around as
Baldwin's entry level piano).  As of the last account, to my knowledge, the
current and REALLY recent K&Bs are built in China.  BTW, as of today the only
K&B offered is a 42" continental style.

Kent Webb is in the process of moving the Tech Service Dept. from Trumann, AR
to Cincinnati so he might be a little difficult to catch up with at the
moment but should be available soon.  (He'd better be since I need to catch
up with him too.)

You never mentioned if this is a vertical or a grand and what the model
number is.  If you would like, email me privately and I will be more than
happy to try to help you figure out which parts would be compatible.

Allan Gilreath, RPT
Gilreath Piano & Organ Co.
Berry College
Gilreath@aol.com