What does it matter?

PIANOBIZ@aol.com PIANOBIZ@aol.com
Thu, 01 Aug 1996 08:45:03 -0400

        Gerald Davies          pianotuna@f6.com.au

>Sorry mate that I chose yours, I could have chosen any of them but I'd
>trashed them all.

>Hey Bud ever heard of a guy called Jesus Christ.
>
>He made my life more enjoyable and comfortable.
>He has shown me how to be of more service to mankind and not myself.
>He has shown me a real embrace of genuine love and no matter how I let him
>down
>Jesus always accepts me and picks me back up to try again.
>
>Man I'm glad that machine thing helps you.
>I,m glad I have Jesus.

>*Maybe Mr. Davies, you can enlighten us as to how you could send a message
>to pianotech@byu.edu with my user id, and at the same time prevent me from
>receiving a copy via pianotech.  Surely this was just a mischance?
>
>Keith A. McGavern, RPT
>kam544@ionet.net
>Oklahoma Chapter 731
>Oklahoma Baptist University
>Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA

To the list,
I find this incident to be very troubling. The security of our messages and
the guarantee of origin of any post are in question here.  This post came to
us under Mr. MacGavern's user id. It appeared to be from him. It was not.  It
was also improperly signed.  Every subscriber has been asked to identify
him/herself as to name and city. I hope we find an explanation for this.
David Sanderson
Littleton, MA
Pianobiz@aol.com