Proof "reading" Accu-tunings

Jonsky Hsu Jonsky.Hsu@Eng.Sun.COM
Thu, 01 Aug 1996 13:16:44 -0700

> From owner-pianotech@byu.edu Thu Aug  1 13:02 PDT 1996
> Date: Thu, 01 Aug 1996 20:42:11 +0100
> From: Barrie Heaton <Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: Proof "reading" Accu-tunings
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
>
> Could it be that one day all new pianos besides having their serial
> numbers placed on them will have  a SAT number as well.  So that you can
> programme your tuning aid for the ultimate perfection in tuning as
> designed by the maker of the piano.  What a sad day this would be, just
> imagine a row of digital pianos all sounding the same, all with the same
> scale, all with the same octave stretching.  This would be the same for
> the acoustic piano, all scale the same all tuned the same and when you
> go to the concerts you get the interpretation of the music from the
> pianist,  but you loose that interpretation of the scaling that the
> oral piano tuner provides,  we all may as well go home and listen to a
> CD.
>
> Could this be reality or dream on.........:-)(
>
> Regards,
>
> Barrie.
>
> --
> Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
> The UK PIano Page                              |
> pgp  key on request                            |  HAVE YOUR PIANO TUNED

I'm not familiar with the Accu-tunings that you're referring to. But I've
read the mails in this group about _store_ the tunning in it...etc.,
then it'd be possible to _download_ the stored tunning to a, say, floppy
diskette or a tape; or if someone can invent a read/write device attached
to an Accu-tuner (if it doesn't have one)??? So the next tunner can read-in
the previous tunning that the previous tunner has done on the piano...etc.

Just an idea... it's a low-tech thing (considering the current computer
technology.)... it's not a dream.

Regards,
- Jonsky Hsu