Silent pianos?

Kristinn Andersen kiddi@marel.is
Thu, 08 Aug 1996 15:59:02 +0000

Dear Brian:

I came across your name in my search for information on "silent pianos" on
the Internet.

I wonder if you can e-mail me back any comments on the following:

1.  General comments on silent pianos.

2.  Are there any compromises on the acoustic/mechanical parts in comparison
with ordinary pianos?

3.  Quality of the electronic part, i.e. naturalness of the sound,
mechanical feedback, etc.

4.  Suitability for piano students (beginners / intermediate).

5.  Who makes silent pianos at this time (I know of Yamaha, Kemble/UK)?

6.  Would you recommend any particular brand?

7.  General comparison with electronic-only pianos.  Do recommend anything
there?

I hope you have the opportunity to drop me a note back on these issues and I
appreciate your assistance.

Best regards,
        Kristinn Andersen (kiddi@marel.is)