6 old uprights (Christmas)

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Sat, 17 Aug 1996 21:44:12 -0400 (EDT)

Well, Avery, let's put it this way, one of my oldest and dearest customers
has nine, count'em, nine cats. When I go to tune her piano, it's a group
project: me and nine, friendly, inquisitive, feline assistants! In addi-
tion to crawling all over the bench, the piano and me, they're constantly
helping me check the notes in the high treble and low bass in order to
insure that I do a good job. Why do I put up with the annoyance? Well,
I've been tuning that lady's piano twice a year for almost thirty years
and she has sent a bunch of very lucrative referrals my way. Additionally,
those cats are her life. If I were to ask her to lock them out of the room
when I was tuning she would be devestated. So I humor a lonely old lady
and her nine furry companions. HOWEVER, if one, or two, or even all nine
of them were to watch "Christmas Vacation" and then decide to chew on the
Christmas tree light cord this year, I wouldn't be all that upset! :)

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net