HAMMER FIT

Doug Richards drichard@qntm.com
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 18:27:00 -0700

     Les Smith, John Piesik, Don Rose and list,

     Thanks for the input on the hammer to shank fit problem I ask about.

     The manufacturer replacement hammer/shank idea sounds like a good one, but
     the piano is a turn of the century piano.

     If I had known before I ordered the hammers and shanks, I might have taken
     the pre-hung approach but that would have also taken some of the fun out of
     it.

     So, the other suggestion was to use paper to size the fit.  I had read of
     this somewhere but for some reason thought that it was a technique for an
     emergency fix or only done when a few hammers were involved.  I'll give it
     my best shot and let you know how it turns out.  Also, thanks for the hide
     vs. aliphatic resin glue tip.

     doug