Stringing Scales/least of problems

William Sadler sadle001@maroon.tc.umn.edu
Mon, 26 Aug 1996 14:04:35 -0500

At 09:07 AM 8/25/96 -0600, you wrote:
>I've used powdered violin rosin to dip tuning pins into before driving them
>into the pinblock.  I liked the idea of the fluid but have yet to try it.
>
>Bruce
>
>At 08:52 PM 8/23/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>An interesting post, Bill! Personally, when restringing, I like to use a
>>pin driving fluid because of the "feel" it imparts to the pins once it
>>has dried. In an earlier thread I believe it was pointed out that these
>>are essentially a high-quality spar varnish. Whatever, it works for me!
>>
>>Les Smith
>>lessmith@buffnet.net

I always thought the talc was for your hands....to keep the oils from your
hands from the pin and block??
William C. Sadler-RPT    Home  : 612-339-5182
School of Music          Office: 612-624-8575
Piano Technician         Pager : 612-538-3577
University of Minnesota  E-mail: sadle001@maroon.tc.umn.edu