Broadwood Grands

Maxpiano@aol.com Maxpiano@aol.com
Sun, 01 Dec 1996 09:50:55 -0500

Barrie -

You are probably aware that most Americans fall head over heels in love with
the used furniture you discard, load up containers with it and ship it here
to sell as "Antiques."  In that way, we who service pianos get to see the
dregs that you all are happy to get rid of.

Over the years, I have had three customers who bought Broadwood grands of
oblong tuning pin vintage, with plates made up of many bars exquisitely
fashioned together and with threaded tuning pin holes.  When the tuning pins
no longer hold, what do you do since you can't put in larger sizes?  One of
them had had the pin block treated from beneath previous to my servicing it,
and was at the point of slipping again.  Does anyone make tuning pins to fit
them? (I twisted one off, having used CA glue in an attempt to make it stay,
and got it too tight!).

I see you are well versed in our American culture, as you could instruct
André on our Thanksgiving Day.  I hope the internationalising of this list
makes us all more cosmopolitan!

Bill Maxim RPT
Who must admit being environmentally unfriendly to his neighbor, but only
when he plays his out-of-tune piano!