Hammer hardener

CHRIS GREGG cgregg@cadvision.com
Mon, 09 Dec 1996 08:50:10 -0700

Michel,
        You will get results from the acetone/plastic solution within thirty
minutes, and in my experience, it does not change a whole bunch after that.
You can tell when the acetone has evaporated by touching the hammer, it will
cease to feel cold and you can also hear by the difference in tone.  This
makes it ideal for in home situations where it is not practical to go back
to see the piano every couple of days.

>Tell me if I am wrong but, I find that acetone/plastic sets much, much
>faster than laquer.  We can get a fairly good result in the same day.

Chris Gregg