Qualifications to Use this List

Barb Barasa Barb.Barasa@mind.net
Thu, 12 Dec 1996 08:04:52 +0000

Frank,

You left off the last part of Ron's message, which was something to
the effect that we would like to have some information on the
background of the people who participate on the list.  When I first
posted to the list, I didn't have any problem volunteering my full
name, where I lived, and information on my background as a technician,
even tho I am not a member of the PTG, no not work for a university
and do not own a shop.  I wanted to establish the fact that I did
have a vested interest in the topics on the list, plus it's just fun
to find out all the different backgrounds of the people on it ...
like our new friends abroad.

I don't recall that anyone had to ask me my background, but if they
had (or did) I would be happy to give it.  It just seemed the
appropriate and friendly thing to do.

I think this whole thing was immensely complicated by the type of
post that appeared.  Altho members on the list do wander far afield
sometimes in their posts, people are not usually introduced to the
list by a post that is completely extraneous.

Barb Barasa (non-registered TT)
Ashland, OR