Steinway Duo-Art

Dave Swartz, RPT dms2000@PioneerPlanet.infi.net
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 12:53:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi Gang,

A customer is in possesion of a Steinway "M" Duo-Art w/Ampico.  The Ampico
still plays but could use work.  The piano is need of rebuilding as well as
refinishing.  The piano is still virgin in the rebuilding sense.  I am
posing a few specific questions searching for formidable answers.  Realistic
assessments are valuable while pure speculation is not.  Here lies the
questions:

1)      What dollar figure would this instrument command once fully restored?
2)      What dollar figure is this piano realistically worth as it sits?
(no...not how         much you want to  pay for it)
3)      Are there any on this list interested in this instrument?
4)      Are there any that know of an interested party?

I'm not certain I will be involved in the rebuilding process due to the
nature of the sale.  She is apparently looking to receive a fair dollar
amount and sell it outright.
All interested parties may E-Mail me direct.  I appreciate your
acknowlgements in advance!