Your note in the pianotech group

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Mon, 01 Jan 1996 21:54:47 -0500

To Bob Snyder, District Manager, Steinway & Sons:
Greetings, Happy New Year, and no hard feelings

You rote, 12/22:
<< I guess you missed a couple of the posts where Steinway did respond (Gary
Green, director of technical services).  People I know in the group forward
messages that they feel would be of interest to Steinway... such as the one
I'm responding to right now.>>

No, I didn't miss them, but was just curious as to why when there was a
burning in Steinway's ears, they didn't show up immediately. To be fair, I
can imagine plenty of scenarios which might make Michael Mohr reget he'd ever
signed on. (For instance, having to maintain, in writing and in public, a
corporate position on a design or implementation decison, a technical
procedure, or a point of warranty liability in the face of a 200+ subscriber
list, 10 of whom might be activley combative  and the remainder silent and
giving no hint as to their thoughts.) Of course, Don Mannino is the model for
how a corporate representative should conduct himself in such a forum.
Unfortunately, it's Steinway's fate that the subscribers would be far more
interested in what Steinway has to say than what Young Chang (or now, Kawai).
The results however don't have to be disasterous. I think you'll find the
large majority of us on PTech to be honorable, respectful of a manufacturer's
ticklish position, and eager to make that manufacturer's participation as
fruitful and constructive as possible for all parties.

<<And with regard to your comment about our responding due to an action by
Yamaha - if you really believe what you said, your impression of Steinway is
really way off.>>
I knew that would get a rise out of you.  ;-)

Come on in, the water's fine!

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapt.

"You'll make more money selling my advice than following it" Steve Forbes,
quoting his father, Malcom.