Re Damper Weight

Mark Dierauf 71204.2532@compuserve.com
Thu, 04 Jan 1996 11:58:21 -0500 (EST)

>>Does anyone have some comments or experience to share regarding the
>>installation of new Renner backaction damper kits? I am about to start my
>>first install and would welcome any additional advice.

  Dennis -

  I have only installed one of these, but I found the installation instructions
that came along with it to be pretty easy to follow, although I DID see Chris
Robinson's classs on it before I did the installation.
  The only problem I had was that the new sostenuto tabs are a bit longer than
the originals (I *was* warned), and since a previous technician had installed
new backchecks and wires in a different locationon the key, I was unable to
adjust the backchecks far enough forward to keep them from clicking on the
sostenuto rail. I ground the hammer tails and had the old sos' rail milled down,
but they still click. I may have to remove some wood from the backchecks and see
if that does it. But those Renner parts sure do look great!

                  Mark Dierauf
                  Concord, NH

visit the WinScale Homepage at:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mdierauf