Rodents

Bbarasa@aol.com Bbarasa@aol.com
Sat, 06 Jan 1996 22:01:31 -0500

I have found a few mouse's nests under the keys of uprights, but one I was
working on was the most unusual I've found so far.  There were mouse turds
all over the keys which were falling between them and preventing them from
playing, so I took the piano apart and had the owner start vacuuming the
stuff up. I had to take out some keys to get the stuff unwedged from between
them, and gradually worked my way down the keyboard.  The owner finally got a
box and put on rubber gloves to lift out all the debris that was under the
keys.  When we got to the middle of the piano, not only was there a nest, but
a complete, intact mouse skeleton under the keys.

We just smile in these situations and act like it's perfectly normal, right?

At least that little critter didn't do much damage to the actual piano ...
such as it was.

I'm kinda sorry now that I didn't keep the skeleton.  It would have made an
unusual addition to my bookcase, or a good start to a science project for a
kid.

Barb Barasa
Sycamore IL