Hello, My Name Is......

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Mon, 08 Jan 1996 23:07:22 -0500

I hate to sound too grumpy, but....
Most of the nearly 300 of us on this list are simply lurking, with your
thoughts, experiences and even actual experience level unknown to the group.
There's no point in complaining about this; it comes with the territory. What
does bother me is the appearance of a post from an unfamiliar address, with
frequently not even a rightful name at the bottom (not to mention any
institutional or commercial affiliation, home state and/or PTG status, BTW
this latter not the sine qua non of technical qualifications.) I know we're
all just bits bouncing about the cybersphere and that in this dimension our
real selves are the illusion. But golly fudge, it's sure nice to get to know
you folks from what you may choose to sign your post with. (Yes, I can guess
at the .edu addresses.)

IOW, I can forgive the lurking about; it's just that when somebody pops in
with an unsigned post, for me that's the equivalent of leaping out from the
bushes but yet with a paper bag over your head.

All of us decent right-thinking PTechers should store away a sharp reminder
to be fired personally at anyone showing up with a paper bag over his head.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapt.

"You'll make more money selling my advice than following it" Steve Forbes,
quoting his father, Malcom.