Plastic Jacks

Bbarasa@aol.com Bbarasa@aol.com
Sat, 09 Mar 1996 23:13:51 -0500

I had the misfortune today to arrive to tune a Kranichly Bad console which
the owners warned me had "broken keys."  Of course, this can mean a lot of
things, many of which are quickly remedied.

I was prepared for broken plastic elbows.  It was much worse.  Broken plastic
jacks.

My questions: are any of the standard replacement jacks the right size to
replace these?  Is it easier (this is, of course, a relative term since there
will be no EASY way to do this) to replace them flange and all, or repin all
the jacks?  Having never done such a horrible job, I have no idea how long it
might take so I can't estimate a price for labor ... 3 hours?  3 day?

The ultimate question: is there ANY justification for repairing these things?

Thanks in advance for your expert opinions ...

Barb Barasa
Sycamore IL