More or less 440

Ernest Juhn 71341.1370@CompuServe.COM
Sat, 07 Sep 1996 13:24:39 -0400 (EDT)

More 445-447  stuff.
Indeed some famous musicians believe that it "sounds brighter" when a couple of
cycles are added to the standard. Some honestly feel that this is the way to do
it.  I am waiting for the day when a conductor will have the orchestra transpose
an entire symphony. How would you like to hear Beethoven's 7th in Bb major?
After all when it was performed originally it certainly was hardly played at
A-440!
Incidentally, (Paul Dempsey) I did say "yes maestro" to a VERY famous man once -
and had coffee with him after the performance -- he loved my (440) tuning..
(and then he returned to the US and worked on his West side story)..
The story is true - the name was changed to protect the innocent (I was not
called Ernie Juhn - I was called Izchak Juhn) -
Ernie Juhn

Come to Rochester, NY  for excellent Seminar Oct.  3 - 6
Call: 1800-4-NYSCON  for information.