Piano inspection

S. Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Mon, 09 Sep 1996 12:28:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,
	I received a query from a Journal reader which I thought I should
throw out for your collective wisdom. Here it is--

	"Does anyone have a system for singlehandedly moving a piano out
from the wall for inspection that:
	1. doesn't involve heavy lifting with the back? (I am a back
surgery survivor, and am hoping not to be a repeat customer).
	2. doesn't require expensive and heavy piano-moving dollies and
jacks? (These would seem to be overkill for just moving the piano a few
feet).
	3. protects carpeting and hardwood floors from damage in the case
of a jammed caster?

	I will be grateful for any suggestions."

	On behalf of the reader and the Journal, thanks!

Steve

Steve Brady, RPT		"Chaos is the law of nature; order is the
University of Washington		dream of man."	--Henry Adams
sbrady@u.washington.edu