Andre Watts?

S. Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 12:25:03 -0700 (PDT)

Last time he was here (Dec. '94), he had just terminated his relationship
with Yamaha. I asked him why, and Andre replied that he and Yamaha had a
difference of opinion about tone, and he wasn't comfortable with "the path
they are taking."  I asked if he was now a Steinway artist and he said,
"no, I'm an independent artist."  He will play the best piano available.

Steve Brady, RPT		"Chaos is the law of nature; order is the
University of Washington	dream of man."	--Henry Adams
sbrady@u.washington.edu